Note: The application period for host institutions has closed.
Application and general information for potential NDSR-NY Host Institutions
NDSR-NY Host Application and instructional documents:
NDSR-NY Host Application — Application to host an NDSR-NY resident
NDSR-NY Host Institution Requirements — Criteria for being a host institution
NDSR-NY Host Applicant Instructions — Required application documentation
Sample Project Proposals — A single PDF that combines all 5 successful project proposals from the NDSR program currently underway in New York. This document should help hosts get an idea of how to scope, frame, and articulate an NDSR project.
Sample Full Application — A sample full application from one of the host institutions of the NDSR program currently underway in New York.
The deadline and evaluation timeline for host and resident applications is:
- Host Applications due: Friday, April 10, 2015
- Host Institutions selected/notified: Friday, April 24, 2015
- Resident Applications due: Friday, May 22, 2015
- Residents selected/notified: Friday, June 12, 2015
- Residents confirm acceptance: Friday, June 19, 2015
- Residents begin residencies: September, 2015 (exact date TBD)
Note: Dates subject to change.
For host institutions, participation in this program will offer:
- The contributions of highly skilled and motivated residents selected from a national pool of applicants and whose salary is paid by the NDSR-NY program.
- The opportunity to help create and refine what is intended to be a replicable, extensible model for a post-master’s degree residency program in digital stewardship.
- The chance to be an integral part of a collaborative, multi-city network of host institutions sharing knowledge on digital stewardship and mentoring emerging leaders in the field.
- NDSR-NY is funding 5 residents to work in host institutions in 2014-2015 and an additional 5 residents in 2015-2016.
Institutions do not need to be METRO members to participate in NDSR-NY.
NDSR-NY program staff are available to answer questions, give feedback on project ideas, and help with applications. Please direct all inquiries to Margo Padilla, NDSR-NY Principal Investigator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.228.2320 x117.
We also encourage the participation of organizations interested in funding their own resident, who have existing residency programs that may overlap with NDSR-NY, or who are interested in collaboration on the many events, lectures, and workshops that will be part of the program. You do not need to host a resident to be involved in NDSR. Please contact us if you are interested in other ways of being involved in the program.